We meet on the first Tuesday of every month at 7pm in Accents Tea & Coffee Lounge on Stephen Street in the City Centre. The book for each meeting is decided at the previous one based on member suggestions and we try to strike a balance between fiction and non-fiction.
Don’t feel you have to have read the book to attend! Discussion of the book usually lapses into more general discussion of the issues raised by the book to the delight of all present. Here’s a list of what we’ve read in the past to give you an idea of what we’re about…
- Living Dolls, Natasha Walter (July 2010)
- The Wide Sargasso Sea, Jean Rhyss (September 2010)
- Reclaiming the F Word, Catherine Redfern (October 2010)
- The Purity Myth, Jessica Valenti (November 2010)
- How to be a Woman, Caitlin Moran (September 2011)
- The Handmaid’s Tale, Margaret Atwood (October 2011)
- Backlash: The Undeclared War Against Women, Susan Faludi (November 2011)
- Sisters: The Personal Story of an Irish Feminist, June Levine, (December 2011)
Tuesday, December 6th, 7pm at Accents Tea & Coffee Lounge, Stephen Street to discuss
See the Facebook group here and also check back to our site regularlly for updates!